This service delivers electronic messages to and from Government users anywhere, anytime and on any designated device and provides a platform for official emails with security and guaranteed data privacy/sovereignty. This service is primarily provided using Outlook (desktop/mobile) or other mobile client or the OWA browser interface.
Key features that address customer pain points are as follows:
- Speed – Communicating by GovMail is almost instantaneous, which enhances communication by allowing for quick dissemination of information and fast responses. Therefore, MDAs can benefit essentially from this service as vital information can be passed across to the right person at the right time. As a result, more is accomplished in less time.
- Efficiency – Email can help increase productivity. Enhanced collaboration and productivity among government officials – secure access and sharing of increasing volumes of communication (contacts, calendars, public folders, archive folders, meeting planners and task list) across multiple devices. This helps to work more efficiently. Effective email use can reduce reliance on face-to-face travel for consultations and meetings.
- Ease of Use – The service is easily accessed without going through the internet. The primary portal www.fedcs.gov.ng is hosted locally at the Govt. Data Centre/Govt. Cloud managed by GBB.
- Cost and Time Efficiency – This service reduces the cost of having to physically send mails or documents to other MDAs. It also reduces the time that it would have taken the recipient to receive the documents.
- Security – The service provides a secure network to allow the users send and receive confidential documents over the network. The data is also protected.
- Availability – The platform is available on mobile devices such as Blackberry, Android, Windows phones and tablets. This enables the user to have every information he/she needs at any time.
- Collaboration – Enhanced collaboration and productivity amongst team members – secure access and sharing of increasing volumes of communication (contacts, calendars, public folders, archive folders, meeting planners and task list) across multiple devices. This helps team members’ work more efficiently.
- Learnability – Removes the need for specialized skills and dedicated equipment and reduces capital outlay.
- Filtering – Elimination of junk and spam emails. GovMail processes incoming mail and categorizes mails into different categories – original or spam.